Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Xilinx Zynq EPPs based on two ARM Cortex-A9s create a new category that fits in among SoCs, FPGAs, and microcontrollers
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- Raspberry Pi + Canon = Camera Pi: ARM 11 and Linux hack of a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR
- Freescale starts sampling $0.49 Kinetis L microcontrollers based on ARM Cortex-M0+ processor core
- EDA360 and the brand new Hewlett-Packard 15C Limited Edition RPN pocket scientific calculator
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- 3D Thursday: 40G and 100G optical Ethernet—Killer 3D app? Perhaps. Compelling? Definitely.
- The DDR4 SDRAM spec and SoC design. What do we know now?
- Are FinFETs inevitable at 20nm? “Yes, no, maybe” says Professor Chenming Hu
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Category Archives: FPGA prototyping
Avnet and Diligent have teamed up to produce a development board for the Xilinx Zynq-7000 EPP (Extensible Processing Platform), a revolutionary device that fuses a hard-core dual ARM Cortex-A9 processor complex with a fair amount of FPGA fabric. The board … Continue reading
Keep watching. First impressions can deceive.
System EDA tools attack today’s great bugaboo for SoC Realization: The Software Development Overhang
Today at the North American System C Users Group (NASCUG) meeting in San Jose, the Cadence Group Director of Product Marketing for System Development Frank Schirrmeister gave a really great overview and value proposition for extensive use of System Development … Continue reading
Want to start writing code for the two ARM Cortex-A9 processors on the Xilinx Zynq-7000 EPP right now? Virtual Platform makes it possible
As of today, you can start to develop application software for the Xilinx Zynq-7000 family of Extensible Processing Platforms (EPP) using a virtual prototyping platform announced today and jointly developed by Xilinx and Cadence. The virtual platform provides an accurate … Continue reading
Free technical seminars on FPGA-based SoC prototyping—you need this. Sign up now. Space is limited! (Except for the free Webinar)
For years, SoC Realization teams have used FPGA prototypes as an essential part of the design-verification process. Creating one-off FPGA prototypes is hard however, and it distracts the team from the real goal—designing the SoC. It does not need to … Continue reading