Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- Friday Video: Webcam + Open-source video code + Arduino Uno microcontroller board + pan/tilt servo make automated face-tracker, prove the power of an apps-centric world
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- Friday Video: Two more low-cost, ARM-based, embedded-Linux development boards from ODROID and Google
- Raspberry Pi + Canon = Camera Pi: ARM 11 and Linux hack of a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR
- 3D Thursday: Altera adds Avago MicroPOD optical interconnects to FPGA package to handle bidirectional 100Gbps Ethernet
- Collaboration is key to making DFM work at 28nm and below
- Today’s Apple iPhone 4S intro emphasizes apps. Built-in apps
- ARM drops Cortex-A7 core on unsuspecting market, devastates low-power SoC and application-processor landscapes. What’s it all mean?
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Category Archives: FPGA
Avnet and Diligent have teamed up to produce a development board for the Xilinx Zynq-7000 EPP (Extensible Processing Platform), a revolutionary device that fuses a hard-core dual ARM Cortex-A9 processor complex with a fair amount of FPGA fabric. The board … Continue reading
Friday Video + 3D Thursday: Xilinx Virtex-7 H580T uses 3D assembly to merge 28Gbps xceivers, FPGA fabric
The first 3D part in the Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA family—the 2000T—permitted the construction of a huge FPGA while sidestepping the yield issues of large 28nm die. Now, Xilinx has used 3D IC assembly to meld two FPGA logic slices and … Continue reading
In a complete overhaul of its FPGA design tools, Xilinx has just announced the Vivado Design Suite for its current-generation 7 Series FPGAs (including the Zynq-7000 Extensible Processing Platform) and future FPGA generations. With this design-tool release, Xilinx is acknowledging … Continue reading