Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Friday Video: Two more low-cost, ARM-based, embedded-Linux development boards from ODROID and Google
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- 3D Thursday: Altera adds Avago MicroPOD optical interconnects to FPGA package to handle bidirectional 100Gbps Ethernet
- Collaboration is key to making DFM work at 28nm and below
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- Friday Video: A blast from the past. Handifax 1000 promo video from mid 1990s shows how far we’ve come
- 3D Thursday: Micron to present Hybrid Memory Cube status at EDPS in Monterey, April 6—there’s a lot of news
- Xilinx 28nm low-power SoC design class, part 2: Process Technology
- Friday Video: Dave Jones tears down a Zoom H1 audio recorder. You learn more about system design.
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Category Archives: iOS
Apple reports selling $1B of iPhone 4S Smartphones in three days. Is apps-driven design working as well for you?
Apple announced today that it has sold more than 4 million iPhone 4S smartphones since first product availability on Friday. That’s 4 million units in three days selling for $199 at AT&T to $649 for an unlocked iPhone 4S bought … Continue reading
When I told my good friend David Thon that Google’s planned purchase of smartphone maker Motorola Mobility was a pure EDA360 play, he invited me to explain. In simplest terms, EDA360 posits that software now drives hardware in the processor-centric … Continue reading
How many apps is enough? Using Android in broader embedded markets beyond Smartphones, Tablets, and Set-Top Boxes
This morning, Wind River and Avaya sponsored a Webinar about using the Google Android OS for embedded projects beyond smartphones, tablets, and set-top boxes. The emcee was Wind River’s Senior Director of Product Management for Android Solutions Chris Buerger with … Continue reading
Android, Honeycomb, and Ice Cream Sandwich will have to grow a lot to match these iOS 5 features, as demonstrated by master magician Simon Pierro.