Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- 3D Thursday: A look at some genuine 3D NAND cells, courtesy of Micron
- Want a peek at a possible Qualcomm 3D IC roadmap?
- Ingenious architectural features allow ST to extract maximum performance from new microcontroller family based on ARM Cortex-M4. Cost: less than 6 bucks in 1000s
- Freescale starts sampling $0.49 Kinetis L microcontrollers based on ARM Cortex-M0+ processor core
- The DDR4 SDRAM spec and SoC design. What do we know now?
- Raspberry Pi + Canon = Camera Pi: ARM 11 and Linux hack of a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR
- 3D Thursday: Generation-jumping 2.5D Xilinx Virtex-7 2000T FPGA delivers 1,954,560 logic cells using 6.8 BILLION transistors (UPDATED!)
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Category Archives: SystemC
System EDA tools attack today’s great bugaboo for SoC Realization: The Software Development Overhang
Today at the North American System C Users Group (NASCUG) meeting in San Jose, the Cadence Group Director of Product Marketing for System Development Frank Schirrmeister gave a really great overview and value proposition for extensive use of System Development … Continue reading
As soon as we started to incorporate processors on ASICs, thus instantly creating SoCs, hardware/software integration issues became fully intertwined with chip design. Today, we routinely put a dozen or more firmware-driven processing elements on our SoCs so the issues … Continue reading
Chocolate and peanut butter go together. So do SystemC and transaction-level modeling. Just not officially. Until now. Earlier this month, the IEEE Standards Board approved a revision to the IEEE 1666 SystemC standard to bring the widely used OSCI (Open … Continue reading
Free Webinar teaches you how to mix C, C++, SystemC, and SystemVerilog verification models within UVM—October 20
Our world is filled with mixed verification models and that fact isn’t going to change soon. If you would like to learn how to efficiently combine mixed verification models to work within the Accelera Universal Verification Methodology (UVM), then there’s … Continue reading
As SoCs become far more software-centric, and multicore SoCs even more so, Realization teams must prototype and debug their designs using virtual platforms before committing to the implementation phase or face the high risk of proceeding down the wrong architectural … Continue reading