Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Friday Video: Two more low-cost, ARM-based, embedded-Linux development boards from ODROID and Google
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- 3D Thursday: Power is a killer app for TI’s PowerStack 3D packaging—parasitics vanish
- Friday Video: Webcam + Open-source video code + Arduino Uno microcontroller board + pan/tilt servo make automated face-tracker, prove the power of an apps-centric world
- 3D Thursday: More on the Xilinx Virtex 7 with 2.5D tiling. Wave of the future or stopgap measure?
- The DDR4 SDRAM spec and SoC design. What do we know now?
- Freescale starts sampling $0.49 Kinetis L microcontrollers based on ARM Cortex-M0+ processor core
- Ingenious architectural features allow ST to extract maximum performance from new microcontroller family based on ARM Cortex-M4. Cost: less than 6 bucks in 1000s
- ARM Cortex-A15—does this processor IP core need a new category…Superstar IP?
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: AMS
A 1-day workshop on Analog and Mixed-Signal Design Automation will be held on November 8 in conjunction with ICCAD in Silicon Valley. It’s no secret that advanced-node process scaling makes all IC design more complex and more challenging—even more so … Continue reading
Meaty new book on Mixed-Signal SoC Design, Verification and Implementation Methodology is nearly ready
Is your current SoC project a mixed-signal design? If not, chances are good that the next one will be. That’s because there’s been an evolution in SoC design from pure digital to analog/mixed-signal (AMS) designs over the past several years … Continue reading
Smart analog/mixed-signal IC designs are—er—smarter. Learn how to stuff a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M core into an AMS design at DAC. Lunch included
In these days of the SoC, one chip has to do it all. That means both analog and digital processing. Now you can get a first-hand look at how successful design teams have integrated ARM Cortex-M processor cores in their … Continue reading
Analog blocks are usually verified at the block level many things still go wrong with connectivity and control of the analog circuit at the SoC level. It’s not enough to integrate these analog blocks into digital simulations; you need to … Continue reading
One of the really interesting presentations at least week’s 8th International SoC Conference in Irvine was from Dr Jeff Parkhurst, Research Programs Manager at Intel, who spoke on the topic of “Delivering Cost-effective SoC-Based Platform Solutions.” I found the presentation … Continue reading