Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- Friday Video: Webcam + Open-source video code + Arduino Uno microcontroller board + pan/tilt servo make automated face-tracker, prove the power of an apps-centric world
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- Friday Video: Two more low-cost, ARM-based, embedded-Linux development boards from ODROID and Google
- 3D Thursday: Altera adds Avago MicroPOD optical interconnects to FPGA package to handle bidirectional 100Gbps Ethernet
- Raspberry Pi + Canon = Camera Pi: ARM 11 and Linux hack of a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR
- Today’s Apple iPhone 4S intro emphasizes apps. Built-in apps
- Collaboration is key to making DFM work at 28nm and below
- What would you do with a 23,000-simultaneous-thread school of piranha?...asks NVIDIA
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: ARM Cortex-A8
One of the funniest lines in the 1992 animated Disney movie “Aladdin” is when the frenetic blue Genie, voiced by the incredible Robin Williams, describes his situation: “PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS; Itty-bitty living space,” referring to his life in a lamp. … Continue reading
Some critical considerations for SoC and Silicon Realization teams thinking about using ARM Cortex-A7 or ARM Cortex-A8 processor cores
ARM sort of dropped the introduction of the ARM Cortex-A7 processor core out of the sky a couple of weeks ago (see “ARM drops Cortex-A7 core on unsuspecting market, devastates low-power SoC and application-processor landscapes. What’s it all mean?”), so … Continue reading
ARM drops Cortex-A7 core on unsuspecting market, devastates low-power SoC and application-processor landscapes. What’s it all mean?
ARM has just announced the ARM Cortex-A7 processor core for SoC designers and the low-power landscape will never be the same again. Why? Because the Cortex-A7 core implemented in a 28nm process technology is reportedly one fifth the size of … Continue reading
Apps and gestures on tablets and smartphones: If I can see you shake your booty, what is it you expect me to do about it?
Rick Merritt in EEtimes reports today that Qualcomm has just acquired some of the assets of gesture-recognition pioneer GestureTek and plans to insert that technology into future Snapdragon SoCs targeting smartphones, tablets, and consumer devices. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon SoCs are based … Continue reading