Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Friday Video: Webcam + Open-source video code + Arduino Uno microcontroller board + pan/tilt servo make automated face-tracker, prove the power of an apps-centric world
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- Raspberry Pi + Canon = Camera Pi: ARM 11 and Linux hack of a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR
- Itching to try out the Xilinx Zynq-7000 EPP? Ask your doctor if Zedboard is right for you
- Xilinx Zynq EPPs based on two ARM Cortex-A9s create a new category that fits in among SoCs, FPGAs, and microcontrollers
- 3D Thursday: More on the Xilinx Virtex 7 with 2.5D tiling. Wave of the future or stopgap measure?
- Experimental , ultra-low-power 1.2V, 65nm SoC from ST and MIT operates at 82.5MHz (!) maximum, 540KHz at 0.54V
- Want a peek at a possible Qualcomm 3D IC roadmap?
- Today’s Apple iPhone 4S intro emphasizes apps. Built-in apps
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: Common Platform
Yesterday, I wrote about a terrific discussion panel about the challenges of 20nm design at DAC. I am moderating the panel and there will be speakers from the Common Platform partners including IBM, Samsung, GLOBALFOUNDRIES (just confirmed!), and Cadence. (See … Continue reading
Want to know how to get to 20nm? Want to know why? Want breakfast at DAC on June 6? This is indeed your lucky day because you can get it all done at a special DAC breakfast panel titled “The … Continue reading
Ana Hunter, Foundry Services VP at Samsung Semiconductor, had the honor of kicking off the Global Technology Forum in Silicon Valley. She decided to devote her short intro speech to answering the basic question about the Common Platform—a partnership among … Continue reading
Friday Video: Common Platform Technology Forum reveals program agenda, rolls into Silicon Valley on March 14
The Common Platform partners are IBM, Samsung, and GLOBALFOUNDRIES and their annual Technology Forum rolls into Silicon Valley on March 14, so you have a couple of weeks to sign up. This short video from ChipEstimate.com gives you a good … Continue reading