Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- Friday Video: Webcam + Open-source video code + Arduino Uno microcontroller board + pan/tilt servo make automated face-tracker, prove the power of an apps-centric world
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- Friday Video: Two more low-cost, ARM-based, embedded-Linux development boards from ODROID and Google
- 3D Thursday: Altera adds Avago MicroPOD optical interconnects to FPGA package to handle bidirectional 100Gbps Ethernet
- Collaboration is key to making DFM work at 28nm and below
- Raspberry Pi + Canon = Camera Pi: ARM 11 and Linux hack of a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR
- Today’s Apple iPhone 4S intro emphasizes apps. Built-in apps
- 3D Thursday: Micron to present Hybrid Memory Cube status at EDPS in Monterey, April 6—there’s a lot of news
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: Cortex-A9
Friday Video: Short video demonstrates Samsung Exynos quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 mobile application processor against dual-core
This short 1.5-minute video gives you a high-level overview of the relative performance of a Samsung Exynos 4-core mobile applications processor based on the ARM Cortex-A9 processor core versus a dual-core version.
ARM drops Cortex-A7 core on unsuspecting market, devastates low-power SoC and application-processor landscapes. What’s it all mean?
ARM has just announced the ARM Cortex-A7 processor core for SoC designers and the low-power landscape will never be the same again. Why? Because the Cortex-A7 core implemented in a 28nm process technology is reportedly one fifth the size of … Continue reading
Thanks to LinkedIn ARM Based Group community manager Stephan Cadene, we’ve got several pointers to useful documents describing many aspects of the ARM Cortex-A15 processor core. This is all in preparation for many discussions of the ARM Cortex-A15 processor taking … Continue reading
The other shoe drops: Altera introduces SoC FPGA, mates ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core processor complex with FPGA fabric
It’s been more than a year and a half since Xilinx first started to talk publicly about the fusion of processors and FPGAs—a product now known as Zynq. It seemed inevitable that Altera would eventually counter with a competing product … Continue reading
Freescale’s Multimedia Group mobilizing ARM Cortex-A15 for an imminent IC, demonstrates quad-core i.MX6 based on ARM Cortex-A9
This article published today in EETimes Europe quotes Freescale’s Lisa Su, Senior VP and General Manager of the Networking and Multimedia Group, who says that her group will be announcing an SoC based on the ARM Cortex-A15 processor core in … Continue reading