Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Friday Video: Two more low-cost, ARM-based, embedded-Linux development boards from ODROID and Google
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- 3D Thursday: Altera adds Avago MicroPOD optical interconnects to FPGA package to handle bidirectional 100Gbps Ethernet
- Collaboration is key to making DFM work at 28nm and below
- Friday Video: Webcam + Open-source video code + Arduino Uno microcontroller board + pan/tilt servo make automated face-tracker, prove the power of an apps-centric world
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- Want a peek at a possible Qualcomm 3D IC roadmap?
- ARM drops Cortex-A7 core on unsuspecting market, devastates low-power SoC and application-processor landscapes. What’s it all mean?
- Xilinx 28nm low-power SoC design class, part 2: Process Technology
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: EDPS
3D Thursday: Micron to present Hybrid Memory Cube status at EDPS in Monterey, April 6—there’s a lot of news
I’ve already written many blog entries about the Micron Hybrid Memory Cube (HMC), a 3D stacked memory device that can deliver a theoretical DRAM bandwidth of 128Gbytes/sec to a host system using a 4-die stack of DRAM (NOT SDRAM) on … Continue reading
In just a couple of weeks, plus a day or two, ARM’s Director of Server Systems and Ecosystem Ian Ferguson will be presenting ARM’s views about the server market in the “Low-Power with Performance” session of the EDPS Workshop. With … Continue reading
EDPS 3D Friday (April 6) expands with new speakers including 3D IC assembly and packaging advocate Phil Marcoux
I’ve written previously about the all-3D IC design, assembly, and packaging program that will take place during the second day of the EDPS (Electronic Design Process Symposium) workshop in Monterey. This blog post is to let you know that additional … Continue reading
Less than two weeks left for early-bird EDPS registration. Don’t miss 3D Friday, the other EDA speakers, or your chance to network for that matter
EDPS (The Electronic Design Process Symposium) provides a dynamic venue for the exchange of ideas among the top thinkers, movers, and shakers in EDA, who focus on how chips and systems are designed in the electronics industry. Attendees of this … Continue reading
EDPS—the world’s “best” conference devoted to discussing the processes needed for advanced electronic design—is dedicating its entire second day (Friday, April 6) to 3D IC topics. The just-announced keynote speaker is Riko Radojcic, Director of Design for Silicon Initiatives at … Continue reading
The Electronic Design Process Symposium soon to be held in Monterey, California, will devote all of Friday, April 6 to 3D IC issues. There will be three morning presentations and a 5-person panel in the afternoon. The EDPS Program Web … Continue reading
It’s pretty hard to go from high-level customer expectations for an end product to the definition of an SoC. If it were easy, everyone would be able to do it. You have a unique chance to hear EDA venture capitalist … Continue reading
Do you want to be on the forefront of EDA? Ready to help improve the overall design process? Read on.
There’s an annual meeting that focuses on the overall design process that’s coming up in April and it’s not too soon to start thinking about it. After all, you might want to present something. The theme of this year’s annual … Continue reading
18th Annual Electronic Design Process Symposium brings together the top thinkers of the EDA world, April 7-8, Monterey, CA
EDPS (The Electronic Design Process Symposium) provides an exchange of ideas among the top thinkers, movers, and shakers who focus on how chips and systems are designed in the electronics industry. Attendees of this elite workshop have met each year … Continue reading