Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- Ingenious architectural features allow ST to extract maximum performance from new microcontroller family based on ARM Cortex-M4. Cost: less than 6 bucks in 1000s
- Want a peek at a possible Qualcomm 3D IC roadmap?
- How Skyera developed the 44Tbyte, enterprise-class Skyhawk SSD from the ground up. A System Realization story.
- Raspberry Pi + Canon = Camera Pi: ARM 11 and Linux hack of a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR
- Friday Video: Webcam + Open-source video code + Arduino Uno microcontroller board + pan/tilt servo make automated face-tracker, prove the power of an apps-centric world
- 3-processor SoC for digital still cameras incorporates an ARM 1136J-S RISC processor core plus separate image and video processors
- 3D Thursday: Generation-jumping 2.5D Xilinx Virtex-7 2000T FPGA delivers 1,954,560 logic cells using 6.8 BILLION transistors (UPDATED!)
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: Energy Micro
Would you like a guide to several new microcontrollers based on the ARM Cortex-M series of processor cores?
Alban Rampon has just published a guide to many new developments surrounding the ARM Cortex-M series of microcontroller cores. The guide includes a discussion of Freescale Kinetis L microcontrollers based on the ARM Cortex-M0+ core; discussions of microcontrollers based on … Continue reading
Last week, ARM CPU Product Manager Thomas Ensergueix presented a Webinar on the ARM Cortex-M0+ processor core, which I’ve covered previously over on the Low-PowerDesign.com Web site http://www.low-powerdesign.com. (See “How low can you go? ARM does the limbo with Cortex-M0+ … Continue reading
When 17 microcontroller vendors pick your processor architecture, you have a right to sing “Something’s happening here.” Alban Rampon of ARM just published a blog entry titled “ARM Cortex-M—How could you choose your microcontroller?” This blog entry lists 17 semiconductor … Continue reading
Time was, there was at most one sleep mode for a microcontroller and the only thing the micro did in that mode was pay attention to an interrupt. Energy Micro has extended its Gecko series of ARM-based microcontrollers with a … Continue reading