Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- Want a peek at a possible Qualcomm 3D IC roadmap?
- Ingenious architectural features allow ST to extract maximum performance from new microcontroller family based on ARM Cortex-M4. Cost: less than 6 bucks in 1000s
- 3D Thursday: Generation-jumping 2.5D Xilinx Virtex-7 2000T FPGA delivers 1,954,560 logic cells using 6.8 BILLION transistors (UPDATED!)
- The DDR4 SDRAM spec and SoC design. What do we know now?
- Raspberry Pi + Canon = Camera Pi: ARM 11 and Linux hack of a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR
- 3D Thursday: A look at some genuine 3D NAND cells, courtesy of Micron
- How Skyera developed the 44Tbyte, enterprise-class Skyhawk SSD from the ground up. A System Realization story.
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: GPU
AMD’s new Trinity APU (Accelerated Processing Unit) for laptops/notebooks is a poster child for IP-centric SoC design
Yesterday, AMD introduced its second generation of A-series APUs (Accelerated Processing Units) that combine two to four Piledriver x86 microprocessor cores—each with 2Mbytes of L2 cache memory—with a Radeon 7000 GPU (Graphics Processing Unit), an HD Media Accelerator, a display … Continue reading
Today’s GSA Silicon Summit held at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California included a talk on 3D IC assembly by Nick Yu, VP of Engineering, VLSI Engineering, at Qualcomm. Yu is in charge of Qualcomm’s technology roadmaps including … Continue reading
As I reported by the EDA360 Insider more than two months ago—see “Qualcomm renames existing ARM-based Snapdragon mobile application processors and provides future roadmap”—Qualcomm has been discussing the 28nm version of its Snapdragon mobile SoC, called the Snapdragon 4. Now … Continue reading
3D Thursday: AMD Radeon E6460 embedded graphics processor employs two kinds of 3D assembly. One may really surprise you
Earlier this week, AMD launched the Radeon E6460 embedded GPU (graphics processor, see photo below). It’s an entry-level GPU with more than 2x the performance of the previous-generation Radeon E2400 GPU. To get the desired performance from this GPU—it’s capable … Continue reading
A couple of days ago, I wrote a blog entry on Michael Shebanow’s GPU talk given to the local IEEE Computer at Cadence. (See “What would you do with a 23,000-simultaneous-thread school of piranha?…asks NVIDIA.”) Now, you can watch the recorded … Continue reading
Next Tuesday evening in San Jose, Michael Shebanow will give a talk titled “GPU computing: Taming a 23,000 Thread Beast!” Shebanow is a principal research scientist at NVIDIA and he’s got a lot of processor architectures under his belt—the 32-bit … Continue reading