Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 3D IC 20nm 28nm 32nm 40nm Agilent Altera AMD Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ARM Cortex-A15 ASIC Broadcom Cadence Canon Cortex Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones DDR3 DDR4 Double Patterning EDA EDPS Field-programmable gate array FinFET Flash Flash memory FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries Google IBM Intel IP iPad iPhone JEDEC Jim Hogan Kinect Linux Low Power Lytro microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Multi-core processor Nvidia OrCAD pcb Printed circuit board Qualcomm Robot Samsung SDRAM Snapdragon SoC STMicroelectronics SystemC Texas Instruments TI TSMC USB verification video Wide I/O Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Xilinx Zynq EPPs based on two ARM Cortex-A9s create a new category that fits in among SoCs, FPGAs, and microcontrollers
- The DDR4 SDRAM spec and SoC design. What do we know now?
- 3D Thursday: Altera adds Avago MicroPOD optical interconnects to FPGA package to handle bidirectional 100Gbps Ethernet
- 3D Thursday: Intel Penwell SoC for mobile phones employs POP (package-on-package) LPDDR2 SDRAM to reduce power
- EDA360 and the brand new Hewlett-Packard 15C Limited Edition RPN pocket scientific calculator
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- 3D Thursday: 28nm design and 2.5D packaging saves Xilinx a ton of power. You can too even if you're not designing FPGAs!
- What can you do with 45nm SOI? A lot, it turns out
- Ingenious architectural features allow ST to extract maximum performance from new microcontroller family based on ARM Cortex-M4. Cost: less than 6 bucks in 1000s
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: Nokia
Friday Video: Ready for a little mobile phone teardown archaeology? Dave Jones compares state of the art in 1994 (Motorola) with an evolved 2000 (Nokia)
Teardowns are incredibly useful for learning what’s been tried before. Dave Jones is king of the teardowns in the sense that he not only takes a product apart, he also observes and explains the underlying importance of what we see … Continue reading
The news that Microsoft has closed a deal to buy Skype for $8.5 billion is all over cyberspace this morning. I found out about it here on gigaom.com. I like Om Malik’s analysis of why this deal is going down. … Continue reading
What did it cost to get Nokia to pick Microsoft Windows Phone 7 over Google Android as the OS for its new smartphones? According to a Bloomberg BusinessWeek report published yesterday, it will ultimately cost a cool billion dollars. That’s … Continue reading