Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- Friday Video: Webcam + Open-source video code + Arduino Uno microcontroller board + pan/tilt servo make automated face-tracker, prove the power of an apps-centric world
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- Friday Video: Two more low-cost, ARM-based, embedded-Linux development boards from ODROID and Google
- Raspberry Pi + Canon = Camera Pi: ARM 11 and Linux hack of a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR
- Collaboration is key to making DFM work at 28nm and below
- Today’s Apple iPhone 4S intro emphasizes apps. Built-in apps
- 3D Thursday: Altera adds Avago MicroPOD optical interconnects to FPGA package to handle bidirectional 100Gbps Ethernet
- 3D Thursday: Intel Penwell SoC for mobile phones employs POP (package-on-package) LPDDR2 SDRAM to reduce power
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: pcb
Next week (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) you can get all of your EDA questions answered at the Cadence DAC demo suites. There are 78 demos over the three days covering the following EDA topics: Mixed-signal and low-power design RTL-to-GDSII design … Continue reading
OrCAD Marketplace opens on the Web. Preview OrCAD apps. Download symbols, footprints, simulation models.
Previously, the OrCAD Capture Marketplace was accessible through OrCAD itself. It’s still there but you can get a look at the latest apps to enhance OrCAD (some free and some try-before-you-buy); download symbols, footprints, simulation models; and get a look … Continue reading
In the 10th installment of his power supply design video series, Dave Jones demonstrates the fiddly nature of ripping up and revising a pcb layout. He’s added a couple of ICs and a handful of resistors and connectors to a … Continue reading
Friday Video: Want the basics of PCB design in 45 minutes? Dave Jones delivers yet again with a free tutorial.
Well, Dave Jones is at it again. This time, he’s recorded the screen of his PC as he lays out his power lab supply board. In 45 minutes, you will be able look over Dave’s shoulder and hear him discuss … Continue reading
Same design, two PCB fabricators. What’s the difference? Is there one? Well, yes. Dave Jones of EEVblog takes 16 minutes to walk you through some of the differences he observes in his prototype power supply board from two vendors in … Continue reading
Lots of people will instruct you in the art of panelizing a PCB using a design tool but Australia’s Dave Jones (not really a doctor) first explains the engineering economics behind the “why?” and then proceeds to show you how. … Continue reading
Printed-circuit board technology is undergoing rapid change and there are several new challenges to overcome. Some of these challenges include: Multi-GHz differential-pair signal distribution Complex power-distribution with multiple voltages and high-speed, high-current delivery requirements Ever-escalating ASIC, SoC, and FPGA pin … Continue reading