Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Friday Video: Webcam + Open-source video code + Arduino Uno microcontroller board + pan/tilt servo make automated face-tracker, prove the power of an apps-centric world
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- Friday Video: Two more low-cost, ARM-based, embedded-Linux development boards from ODROID and Google
- Ingenious architectural features allow ST to extract maximum performance from new microcontroller family based on ARM Cortex-M4. Cost: less than 6 bucks in 1000s
- Itching to try out the Xilinx Zynq-7000 EPP? Ask your doctor if Zedboard is right for you
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- Raspberry Pi + Canon = Camera Pi: ARM 11 and Linux hack of a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR
- Xilinx Zynq EPPs based on two ARM Cortex-A9s create a new category that fits in among SoCs, FPGAs, and microcontrollers
- Agilent knocks one out of the park with new, low-cost line of digital scopes—a very competitive entry into the low-end DSO market and a perfect example of EDA360 design using end-to-end design and apps.
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: Software Development
Last week at DAC, Mentor’s Chairman and CEO Wally Rhines chaired a panel on ESL but in his introduction, Wally spoke more about chip-design costs and associated software development. “The rapidly escalating cost of chip design has more to do … Continue reading
System EDA tools attack today’s great bugaboo for SoC Realization: The Software Development Overhang
Today at the North American System C Users Group (NASCUG) meeting in San Jose, the Cadence Group Director of Product Marketing for System Development Frank Schirrmeister gave a really great overview and value proposition for extensive use of System Development … Continue reading
The EDA360 concept of System Realization is all about overcoming hardware/software integration issues. How bad could those be? Well, software is invisible and its operation cannot be probed without appropriate tools. There are myriad pitfalls for software developers trying to … Continue reading