Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Friday Video: Two more low-cost, ARM-based, embedded-Linux development boards from ODROID and Google
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- 3D Thursday: Altera adds Avago MicroPOD optical interconnects to FPGA package to handle bidirectional 100Gbps Ethernet
- Collaboration is key to making DFM work at 28nm and below
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- Friday Video: A blast from the past. Handifax 1000 promo video from mid 1990s shows how far we’ve come
- 3D Thursday: Micron to present Hybrid Memory Cube status at EDPS in Monterey, April 6—there’s a lot of news
- Xilinx 28nm low-power SoC design class, part 2: Process Technology
- Friday Video: Dave Jones tears down a Zoom H1 audio recorder. You learn more about system design.
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: Tri-Gate
GSA Silicon Summit to highlight cutting-edge IC technologies: 3D IC assembly, FinFETs, and SOI. April 26, Silicon Valley
The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) is sponsoring a half-day event that will drill down into three of the leading-edge IC manufacturing technologies of the coming decade: 3D (and 2.5D) IC assembly, FinFETs (or Tri-gate FETs), and silicon-on-insulator (SOI) substrates. The … Continue reading
Intel announced in early May that it would be using “Tri-Gate” FETs to build microprocessors at the 22nm node. (See the previous EDA360 Insider post “3D Thursday: Intel and FinFETs (Tri-Gate transistors)—a different kind of 3D”). Intel’s Tri-Gate transistor structures … Continue reading
Earlier this month, Intel announced that it will be using Tri-Gate transistors (FinFETs) to build microprocessors at the 22nm process node. The microprocessor is code-named “Ivy Bridge.” It will be a 22nm version of the company’s Sandy Bridge processor and … Continue reading