Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 20nm 28nm Altera Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ASIC Cadence Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones EDA EDPS FinFET Flash FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries IBM Intel iPhone Jim Hogan Linux Low Power microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Nvidia Qualcomm Samsung SDRAM SoC STMicroelectronics Texas Instruments TSMC USB verification Xilinx
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Want a peek at a possible Qualcomm 3D IC roadmap?
- Nvidia Tegra 3 based on five ARM Cortex-A9 cores is mobile processor of the year declares Microprocessor Report
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
- Ingenious architectural features allow ST to extract maximum performance from new microcontroller family based on ARM Cortex-M4. Cost: less than 6 bucks in 1000s
- 3D Thursday: A look at some genuine 3D NAND cells, courtesy of Micron
- 3-processor SoC for digital still cameras incorporates an ARM 1136J-S RISC processor core plus separate image and video processors
- Raspberry Pi + Canon = Camera Pi: ARM 11 and Linux hack of a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR
- The DDR4 SDRAM spec and SoC design. What do we know now?
- Friday Video: Webcam + Open-source video code + Arduino Uno microcontroller board + pan/tilt servo make automated face-tracker, prove the power of an apps-centric world
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: Virtex 7
Last week on the EDA Café Web site, EDA Editor and Industry Observer Gabe Moretti discussed my DAC blog post on Wally Rhines’ discussion of software’s role in the rising cost of SoC development. (See “Some chip-design reality from Mentor’s … Continue reading
I’ve written several times about the Xilinx Virtex-7 2000T FPGA that uses 2.5D IC assembly techniques to form four FPGA die into one FPGA package with two million logic cells. (See “3D Thursday: Generation-jumping 2.5D Xilinx Virtex-7 2000T FPGA delivers … Continue reading
3D Thursday: 3D-IC Design Tools and Services Tour Guide is just in time for DAC. You can download a copy now.
The GSA has just issued a 3D-IC tools and services guide in time for DAC. This 62-page guide provides eight pages of background info on the state of 3D assembly technology based on public information like that provided by Xilinx … Continue reading
Last November, I wrote a blog entry about Xilinx’ plan to use 2.5D assembly techniques to create large Virtex 7 FPGAs using tiled 28nm silicon with interposers. (See “Need really big FPGAs? Xilinx will be taking the “3D” route for … Continue reading