You’ve got a little more than a month to sign up for a $4.99 TI Stellaris Launch Pad Dev board based on the ARM Cortex-M4F processor core. Register and you get on the list to purchase a board for $4.99 but 25 registrants get the board for free.
Key features of the TI Stellaris microcontrollers include:
- IEEE754-compliant, single-precision floating-point capability at 80 MHz
- SIMD instructions
- As much as 256Kbytes of embedded flash memory and 32Kbytes of SRAM
- Low-power modes including power-saving hibernate
- As many as two 12-bit 1MSPS ADCs and 24 analog input channels of
- As many as two CAN controllers
- Optional full-speed USB 2.0 with device, host, and OTG
- Advanced motion control capability, with as many as 16 motion control PWM outputs and two quadrature encoder interfaces
- As many as eight UARTs, six I2C, ports, and four SPI/SSI ports
That’s a lot for a fiver.
Here’s the heavy-metal teaser video for the Stellaris Launch Pad dev board: