Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 3D IC 20nm 28nm 32nm 40nm Agilent Altera AMD Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ARM Cortex-A15 ASIC Broadcom Cadence Canon Cortex Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones DDR3 DDR4 Double Patterning EDA EDPS Field-programmable gate array FinFET Flash Flash memory FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries Google IBM Intel IP iPad iPhone JEDEC Jim Hogan Kinect Linux Low Power Lytro microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Multi-core processor Nvidia OrCAD pcb Printed circuit board Qualcomm Robot Samsung SDRAM Snapdragon SoC STMicroelectronics SystemC Texas Instruments TI TSMC USB verification video Wide I/O Xilinx
- Ingenious architectural features allow ST to extract maximum performance from new microcontroller family based on ARM Cortex-M4. Cost: less than 6 bucks in 1000s
- 3D Thursday: 28nm design and 2.5D packaging saves Xilinx a ton of power. You can too even if you're not designing FPGAs!
- ISQED: Why does a trailing-edge digital IC process = a leading-edge analog IC process? TI’s Dr. Venu Menon lays bare the secrets of the analog IC business
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Clock Concurrent Optimization: The Primer to the Primer—OR—Want to overcome some major functional hurdles to Silicon Realization and save a lot of power on your SoC at the same time?
- 3D Thursday: First ten Raspberry Pi boards on eBay. Proceeds to charity. Current price: £560 and up
- High-level synthesis, C versus assembly code, and Leibson’s Law
- Where is the mainstream IC process technology today? 28nm? 40nm? 65nm?
- IHS iSuppli predicts that ARM CPUs will grab nearly 25% of the PC market by the year 2015. Believe it?
- Two more low-cost dev boards based on the ARM Cortex-M4 with 1Mbyte of Flash, 192Kbytes of RAM: $15.57 and up
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: 7D
A fundamental premise of EDA360 is that software now sells hardware. The self-evident proof of this statement is obvious everywhere from smartphone apps to apps running on tablets and HDTVs. People buy these products because apps give hardware the flexibility … Continue reading