Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 3D IC 20nm 28nm 32nm 40nm Agilent Altera AMD Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ARM Cortex-A15 ASIC Broadcom Cadence Canon Cortex Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones DDR3 DDR4 Double Patterning EDA EDPS Field-programmable gate array FinFET Flash Flash memory FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries Google IBM Intel IP iPad iPhone JEDEC Jim Hogan Kinect Linux Low Power Lytro microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Multi-core processor Nvidia OrCAD pcb Printed circuit board Qualcomm Robot Samsung SDRAM Snapdragon SoC STMicroelectronics SystemC Texas Instruments TI TSMC USB verification video Wide I/O Xilinx
- Xilinx Zynq EPPs based on two ARM Cortex-A9s create a new category that fits in among SoCs, FPGAs, and microcontrollers
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- Qualcomm renames existing ARM-based Snapdragon mobile application processors and provides future roadmap
- ARM Cortex-A15—does this processor IP core need a new category…Superstar IP?
- Ingenious architectural features allow ST to extract maximum performance from new microcontroller family based on ARM Cortex-M4. Cost: less than 6 bucks in 1000s
- Want a peek at a possible Qualcomm 3D IC roadmap?
- Friday Video: Want the basics of PCB design in 45 minutes? Dave Jones delivers yet again with a free tutorial.
- Where is the mainstream IC process technology today? 28nm? 40nm? 65nm?
- Two more low-cost dev boards based on the ARM Cortex-M4 with 1Mbyte of Flash, 192Kbytes of RAM: $15.57 and up
- On-chip ARM Cortex-M3 processor provides security for AppliedMicro’s PowerPC-based PacketPro Embedded Processor
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: Silicon Realization
Last week ARM, TSMC, and Cadence held a Webinar on 20nm design covering three main points: Its adoption is inevitable. The design and manufacturing challenges are significant. The challenges are manageable given the right tools and methodologies, and solutions are … Continue reading
Do you need to improve verification performance for advanced-node SoCs? Learn how on May 14 in Munich.
The state space of a chip grows exponentially every 24 months. That’s the verification corollary to Moore’s Law. Verification engineers tackle the problem with faster simulation but that’s no longer enough. The complete verification cycle includes compilation/elaboration; RTL/gate/SV/e/SystemC mixed-mode simulation; … Continue reading
All ASIC and SoC designs are low-power designs at or below the 45nm node. For that reason alone, the industry has seen the rise of power-intent descriptions to help SoC and Silicon Realization teams develop new chip designs. For the … Continue reading