Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 3D IC 20nm 28nm 32nm 40nm Agilent Altera AMD Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ARM Cortex-A15 ASIC Broadcom Cadence Canon Cortex Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones DDR3 DDR4 Double Patterning EDA EDPS Field-programmable gate array FinFET Flash Flash memory FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries Google IBM Intel IP iPad iPhone JEDEC Jim Hogan Kinect Linux Low Power Lytro microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Multi-core processor Nvidia OrCAD pcb Printed circuit board Qualcomm Robot Samsung SDRAM Snapdragon SoC STMicroelectronics SystemC Texas Instruments TI TSMC USB verification video Wide I/O Xilinx
- Xilinx Zynq EPPs based on two ARM Cortex-A9s create a new category that fits in among SoCs, FPGAs, and microcontrollers
- Qualcomm renames existing ARM-based Snapdragon mobile application processors and provides future roadmap
- ARM Cortex-A15—does this processor IP core need a new category…Superstar IP?
- Friday Video: Want the basics of PCB design in 45 minutes? Dave Jones delivers yet again with a free tutorial.
- ARM unveils 64-bit v8 architecture at ARM TechCon 2011
- Xilinx Vivado Design Suite brings SoC design style to advanced-node FPGA development
- Friday Video: Quadcopter version of flying aircraft carrier from Avengers movie
- What’s it take to design DDR4 into your next SoC? Newly released DFI 3.0 Spec opens the flood gates for DDR4 design
- On-chip ARM Cortex-M3 processor provides security for AppliedMicro’s PowerPC-based PacketPro Embedded Processor
- Where is the mainstream IC process technology today? 28nm? 40nm? 65nm?
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: SOI
IBM is the first announced customer for GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ Fab 8 in Malta, NY. The companies plan to manufacture IBM’s 32nm SOI devices at the site using an SOI process technology. The new plant has already been facilitized with more than … Continue reading
Power, Performance, Cost. FDSOI lets you pick any three. Want proof? How about an ARM Cortex-M0 processor core example?
Last week, the first session of the International SoC Conference focused on FDSOI (fully depleted silicon-on-insulator) IC fabrication. Now if your thinking resembles mine before I watched this presentation, you think that FDSOI is an advanced IC-fabrication process that gives … Continue reading
Cadence just published a story about working with IBM on developing advanced Spice-level simulation models for IBM’s advanced SOI (silicon on insulator) IC processes to achieve better correlation between the circuit simulation results and the actual silicon. Now you only … Continue reading