Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 3D IC 20nm 28nm 32nm 40nm Agilent Altera AMD Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ARM Cortex-A15 ASIC Broadcom Cadence Canon Cortex Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones DDR3 DDR4 Double Patterning EDA EDPS Field-programmable gate array FinFET Flash Flash memory FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries Google IBM Intel IP iPad iPhone JEDEC Jim Hogan Kinect Linux Low Power Lytro microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Multi-core processor Nvidia OrCAD pcb Printed circuit board Qualcomm Robot Samsung SDRAM Snapdragon SoC STMicroelectronics SystemC Texas Instruments TI TSMC USB verification video Wide I/O Xilinx
- Download a free PDF of the Mixed-signal Methodology Guide, Chapter 1: Design Trends and Challenges
- Ingenious architectural features allow ST to extract maximum performance from new microcontroller family based on ARM Cortex-M4. Cost: less than 6 bucks in 1000s
- After Silicon, SoC, and System Realization comes Dynasty Realization
- 3-processor SoC for digital still cameras incorporates an ARM 1136J-S RISC processor core plus separate image and video processors
- 3D Thursday: Altera adds Avago MicroPOD optical interconnects to FPGA package to handle bidirectional 100Gbps Ethernet
- 3D Thursday: Produce cost-effective 2.5D and 3D devices. Attend the Known Good Die conference, November 15
- Xilinx Vivado Design Suite brings SoC design style to advanced-node FPGA development
- Friday Video: Want the basics of PCB design in 45 minutes? Dave Jones delivers yet again with a free tutorial.
- The DDR4 SDRAM spec and SoC design. What do we know now?
- How about a quick and easy guide to ARM Cortex processor cores? Got one for you from ARM TechCon 2011
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: TSV
Last Friday, I moderated an all-star, hand-picked 3D-IC panel at the Electronic Design Process Symposium (EDPS) in Monterey, California. The panel included: Phil Marcoux, Managing Director, PPM Associates, experienced packaging expert Herb Reiter, President of eda2asic, Chair of the Global … Continue reading
Dr. Venu Menon, VP of Analog Technology Development at TI, gave a deeply informative lunchtime keynote speech at this week’s ISQED Symposium. Most of Menon’s presentation discussed analog process technology: what’s important to analog chip design and manufacturing, what’s changed … Continue reading
A recent email from Marc Greenberg, Director of Product Marketing for the Cadence Design IP Group, suggested that Wide I/O used in a 3D stack is free for the end user. In other words, there’s no incremental cost in the … Continue reading
ElectroIQ reports that CEA-Leti in Grenoble has just launched an Open 3D IC program to permit companies more open access to the 3D IC assembly technologies developed at the research center. Last December, CEA-Leti and ST-Ericsson made a joint presentation … Continue reading
3D Week: Wide I/O SDRAM, Network on Chip, Multicore, TSV, Asynchronous Logic—3D SoC stack from CEA-Leti and ST-Ericsson hits all the advanced notes. Can you say “Tour de Force”?
Yesterday, at the RTI 3D Conference, Pascal Vivet from CEA-Leti and Vincent Guérin from ST-Ericsson unveiled a 3D IC project that represents a real Tour de Force of cutting-edge system technology. The quest starts with a key question: “What’s the … Continue reading
This week, IBM and Micron apparently made a joint announcement (or perhaps just IBM made an announcement) regarding the manufacture of Micron’s Hybrid Memory Cube. There are varying reports and I cannot find the original statements on either company’s Web … Continue reading