Search EDA360 Insider
- A head-to-head comparison of the ARM Cortex-M4 and –M0 processor cores by Jack Ganssle
- Friday Video: SoC in tiny 500mg backpack transforms cockroach into radio-controlled exploration vehicle
- Friday Video: A different kind of fab with some very, very cool machines
- Friday Video: Get the latest skinny on the IPC-2581 open interchange standard for PCB design
- Smartphones: Where PCIe has not gone before—but will. Sooner rather than later.
EDA360 Tag Cloud2.5D 3D 3D IC 20nm 28nm 32nm 40nm Agilent Altera AMD Analog Android Apple ARM ARM architecture ARM Cortex-A15 ASIC Broadcom Cadence Canon Cortex Cortex-A15 Cortex-M0 DAC Dave Jones DDR3 DDR4 Double Patterning EDA EDPS Field-programmable gate array FinFET Flash Flash memory FPGA Freescale Freescale Semiconductor GlobalFoundries Google IBM Intel IP iPad iPhone JEDEC Jim Hogan Kinect Linux Low Power Lytro microcontroller Micron Microsoft Mixed Signal Multi-core processor Nvidia OrCAD pcb Printed circuit board Qualcomm Robot Samsung SDRAM Snapdragon SoC STMicroelectronics SystemC Texas Instruments TI TSMC USB verification video Wide I/O Xilinx
- Xilinx Zynq EPPs based on two ARM Cortex-A9s create a new category that fits in among SoCs, FPGAs, and microcontrollers
- Qualcomm renames existing ARM-based Snapdragon mobile application processors and provides future roadmap
- 39 low-cost boards for embedded Linux application development starting with Raspberry Pi. Want the list?
- ARM Cortex-A15—does this processor IP core need a new category…Superstar IP?
- Want a peek at a possible Qualcomm 3D IC roadmap?
- Friday Video: Want the basics of PCB design in 45 minutes? Dave Jones delivers yet again with a free tutorial.
- Ingenious architectural features allow ST to extract maximum performance from new microcontroller family based on ARM Cortex-M4. Cost: less than 6 bucks in 1000s
- 3D Week: Wide I/O SDRAM, Network on Chip, Multicore, TSV, Asynchronous Logic—3D SoC stack from CEA-Leti and ST-Ericsson hits all the advanced notes. Can you say “Tour de Force”?
- Friday Video: Quadcopter version of flying aircraft carrier from Avengers movie
- On-chip ARM Cortex-M3 processor provides security for AppliedMicro’s PowerPC-based PacketPro Embedded Processor
Download the EDA360 Vision Paper here:
Tag Archives: Xbox
Coming this holiday season is the Star Wars edition of the Microsoft Xbox 360. The game unit is styled to resemble the droid R2D2 and the hand controller is plated in gold and silver to remind you of C3P0. Other … Continue reading
“In-Game” at msnbc.com has just published a short video review by Todd Kenreck (see below) of the new Microsoft Avatar Kinect, a sort of social media and communications app that makes good use of the Microsoft Kinect’s tracking features to … Continue reading
Apps and gestures on tablets and smartphones: If I can see you shake your booty, what is it you expect me to do about it?
Rick Merritt in EEtimes reports today that Qualcomm has just acquired some of the assets of gesture-recognition pioneer GestureTek and plans to insert that technology into future Snapdragon SoCs targeting smartphones, tablets, and consumer devices. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon SoCs are based … Continue reading
Shortly after posting the video about the Kinect: Star Wars app for Xbox, I found this Microsoft video about planned future developments to take Xbox and Kinect more deeply into the world of ads (and revenue generation for Microsoft). Yet … Continue reading